Ulož.to Disk(beta) - desktop application
The app is used to sync your drive with the Ulož.to cloud storage. To use it, you need to be logged in and have the Ulož.to Disk service active. The application is currently only offered for the modern 64-bit Windows platform. It will be extended to other operating systems in the future.
Version 1.0.5 released 13. 12. 2022
- Added limited support for Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
- Solved problems with special characters in the folder name.
- Bug fixes.
- Security fixes.
Version 1.0.0 released 27. 10. 2022
- First public beta
Frequently asked questions and answers
How do I install the app and set it up correctly?
1. Click Download App to download the installation file. The file is large, so it may take a while to download. After launching, a Windows security window will open, where you can click Yes to accept the installation. You may also get a notification from your antivirus program, so feel free to wait for it to scan, it should be successful.
2. The installer itself will then launch, where you first select your preferred language. Press OK to confirm the selection.
3. Click Install to start the installation.
4. After a few seconds, the installation should complete.
5. Once the installation is complete, the application will open automatically. You will repeat the same procedure if you are only updating the application.
6. For the application to work properly, you need to have purchased Ulož.to Disk and be logged in with a Ulož.to account. If you don't have one, first create one.
7. Enter username in the login window and password and then press Sign in.
8. Next, choose which folder you want to sync from your local device and which folder in the cloud to store the files in. When you select a new folder, your device name is pre-filled and can be changed. Always confirm your selection with the Confirm button.
9. An important step is to choose a Sync Mode. Bidirectional mode will always synchronize the selected folder on your computer with the folder in Ulož.to Disk. If a change occurs in one of these folders, the application will ensure that the change is reflected in the other folder. Choosing from device to cloud or from the cloud to the device will ensure that files from the source folder go to the destination folder, but will not notice other files in the destination folder. All files uploaded by the app to the cloud are set to private.
10. To start the sync, use the Save and Start button in the bottom right corner of the screen. This step is very important because you would lose the settings you have just made if, for example, you switched to another tab or closed the app without saving your selections.
11. Click the Synchronization panel to monitor the synchronization progress, pause or restart the process.
12. The application will continue on in the background. The synchronization can take several hours, depending on how much data is synced and the speed of your connection.
How do I know when the sync has finished?
In the Synchronization tab you will see two traffic lights. A left one that shows the status of the files and a right one that shows the synchronization process. There are three states that can occur on both semaphores, which we will describe below.
- Green, yellow and grey lights may appear on the left traffic light.
- Grey - The status of the files is still unknown. This can occur if the application has never run before or if the last successful run was too long ago.
- Yellow - Incomplete file status. Some files are still scheduled for transfer to the cloud or local device.
- Green - The state is fully synchronous
- Green, yellow and red lights may appear on the right traffic lights.
- Red - Synchronization is stopped and will not start without user intervention.
- Yellow - The application is now down and waiting for its next cycle. The time may vary depending on your settings. The default synchronization setting is every five minutes. You can change the interval on the Settings tab, where you can find the Advanced Settings section.
- Green - Sync is in progress and the app is working, transferring files to the cloud or device. You may experience slower loading of content from the internet, for example. If this happens, you can slow down the app in Settings.
How can I update the app?
You can update the app easily. Just check in the top right corner to see if an update is available. If there is, click on it and a window will pop up to download the installer. Keep in mind that this is a large file and may take several minutes to download, so be patient. The update process itself is identical to the initial application installation process.
What operating systems are supported?
Currently only modern 64-bit with operating systems Windows 7 and above are supported. There are also plans to port the app to other operating systems in 2023.
Do empty folders sync as well?
Unfortunately, currently the app only fully supports syncing folders that have some files in them.
I keep getting the "Account is without Disk" message. What can I do about it?
Make sure you are logged in with a user account that has purchased Ulož.to Disk. If the user does not have a valid Disk, you will need to purchase one first for the application to run.
Why did the app change the name of my folder or my file?
Apparently the name contained special characters that either the cloud or your file system can't handle, such as certain emoticons. We recommend avoiding these characters. Another case could be if you had multiple files with identical names in a single folder in the cloud, for example, which your local file system definitely does not support.
Apparently I'm stuck on an app. How can I fix it?
If the app is stuck and not responding to any of your clicks or doing strange things, we recommend you try these steps:
- Restart the entire operating system
- Reinstall the app
- Uninstall the app, including deleting the user settings, and reinstall and set up
- Make sure you have the correct time synchronised in your operating system settings.
Always do just one step and try again. By following these steps, you won't lose your data on your device or in the cloud.
Can I download a file that is not mine?
Yes. Just copy the file to your Favorites on the web or in mobile app. Then the app can work with the file in the normal way, and if you have your Favorites folder set to sync from the cloud to your local device, the file will automatically be saved to your computer.